Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is not always treated with the urgency it should be. With the frequencies of this threat through Mill Basin and beyond, New Yorkers rely on a team that follows the state’s strict remediation guidelines without compromising in critical areas such as:
- Mold removal
- Attic mold cleanup
- Mold prevention
Containing Mold Damage
Containment is a critical step to prevent the movement of mold spores to new areas of the house. Moist conditions create active mold environments, allowing microbes to seat into hosting materials and begin developing a destructive colony. Physical barriers constructed by our team prevent this movement and provide more efficient pathways to drying and environmental moisture management.
What Remediation Options Work Best?
There is no set remediation plan for homes and businesses after mold development and exposure. Often, our professionals begin with surface treatment solutions to eliminate active colonization on the visible layer of building material. When colonization moves beyond this superficial damage, more aggressive cleaning and mold removal methods are necessary to help. We have abrasive tactics like media blasting and sanding to regulate the spread of mold and eliminate the entire hyphae of the organism.
Can SERVPRO Perform Needed Mold Damage Repairs?
Because mold is destructive to building materials, repairs are often necessary. We can perform needed controlled demolition, repairs, reconstruction, and build-back services with a contractor license. Our experienced professionals conduct careful inspections of the damaged areas to determine when this post-remediation reconstruction might be needed.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (718) 381-3271
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Mill Basin, Flatlands?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (718) 381-3271
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Mill Basin, Flatlands is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Brooklyn community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2180 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: