If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (718) 381-3271

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mill Basin Fire Damaged Fireplace

SERVPRO recommends that all homeowners maintain their fireplaces in good working order. This Mill Basin house had significant, though localized, damage from a blocked flue. Once the creosote residue was cleaned from the flue pipe, the fireplace would again be safe. We used pressurized dry ice pellet blasting to remove the charring from the bricks and vacuumed and deodorized the carpeting before tackling the burnt mantle. This we sanded gently and managed to preserve the wood with no demolition required. We wiped the white cabinets. Needless to say, our customers were ecstatic how rapidly we restored their fire damaged home, "Like it never even happened."